MCLF FIRE HOOKS McCLOUD TOOL
The Fire Hooks McCloud, with its large hoe-like-blade on one side and tined blade on the other, is a forest fire tool common in America’s western mountain ranges.
It was initially intended for raking fire lines with the teeth and cutting branches and sod with the sharpened hoe edge.
- Complete with fiberglass handle and heavy-duty hoe blade to withstand the rigors of wildland firefighting.
- The McCloud is useful for removing slough and berm from a trail and tamping or compacting tread.
- It can also be used to shape a trail’s backslope or for trenching, grubbing, and slashing brush.
- Useful in cutting through deep duff, underbrush, and similar fuels.
- Available with fiberglass or wood handle
Fiberglass handle is shown.