GORE® PARTICULATE HOODS GEN 2
IMPROVED COMFORT + PROTECTION + RELIABILITY, at an affordable price.
Nomex® blend (White)
Call for price
Ultra C6 (Black)
Call for price
Introducing the GORE® PARTICULATE HOOD
Your job requires a deep commitment to protecting people and property, so we are committed to protecting you through continuous testing, research, and innovation. The GORE® Particulate Hood GEN2 delivers the improved comfort you asked for without compromising the certified protection you need, so you can answer each call with comfort and confidence.
Why a Particulate Hood?
As we continue to learn more about the harmful contaminants on the fireground, the need for protection against those particulate hazards has become even more crucial. Wearing a particulate hood as part of your turnout gear delivers the additional protection you need while on the scene.
Why the GORE® Particulate Hood?
The level of comfort you get from the GORE® Particulate Hood GEN2 has been improved for a more natural feel without compromising protection. Its level of breathability helps reduce heat stress, enabling you to wear the hood longer at the fireground.
While exceeding the thermal protection requirements of the NFPA 1971, 2018 Edition, the GORE® Particulate Hood GEN2 also exceeds the Standard’s particulate-blocking requirements with a protective barrier that blocks more than 99.99 percent of potentially harmful particulates*. This hood delivers reliable protection throughout the entire hood — even blocking smoke at critical seams more effectively than other particulate hoods currently available. At the same time, its construction is optimized to reduce interference with sounds and signals on the fireground.
This exceptionally reliable GEN2 hood retains its level of more than 99.99 percent particulate-blocking performance* even after laundering. Its unique inspection opening enables you to inspect the entire hood visually, inside and out.
The GEN2 hood has contrasting colors — white or black on the outside and blue on the inside, helping you to prevent cross-contamination. The GORE® Particulate Hood GEN2 combines the expertise of the industry leader in comfort and barrier technology with the skill of one of the most respected hood manufacturers, Majestic Fire Apparel.
GORE® Particulate Hood GEN 2 Features
- Verified by improvements in THL and RET, the GORE® Particulate Hood GEN2 delivers increased comfort due to higher breathability, enabling you to wear the hood on the scene longer.
- Gore’s GEN2 hood exceeds requirements of the NFPA 1971, 2018 Edition for both particulate-blocking and thermal protection. Its innovative design integrates a barrier that blocks more than 99.99 percent of particles between 0.1 and 1.0 microns in size.
- The GEN2 hood delivers reliable protection throughout the entire hood — blocking smoke at critical seams more effectively than other particulate hoods currently available.
- The GEN2 hood retains its level of 99.99 percent particulate-blocking performance even after laundering.
- Its construction is optimized to reduce interference with sounds and signals on the fireground.
- The hood’s unique inspection opening enables you to inspect the entire hood — inside and out.
Air Permeability is a Two-Way Street
Products with higher air permeability potentially decrease protection against fireground contaminants because they can allow more air and particles to pass through a barrier.
Instead, products that combine high breathability and a higher particle-blocking efficiency deliver a better balance of comfort and protection.
With the GEN2 hood, Gore has achieved more than 99.99 percent particulate blocking*, while delivering improved comfort through high moisture vapor breathability.
GORE and designs are trademarks of W. L. Gore & Associates. © 2019 W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
Warning: No products, including garments and accessories, protect completely, even when new; their protective performance will decline with wear, tear, abrasion, and other damage associated with use. Gore makes no claims or warranties of any kind that the GORE® Particulate Hood prevents, reduces, or cures any health condition, including cancer.
*Particulates in the 0.1 to 1.0-micron range, per NFPA 1971, 2018 Edition